Second block in a Series of 4. Feel free to jump into this class.
Come learn how to use rulers for your quilting!
Use the BERNINA Ruler Work foot (#72 or #72S) with Amanda Murphy's Special Rulers to create 4 individual whole cloth quilts suitable for a pillow, wall hanging or table runner. Each finished quilt is 18" x 18".
Block 2 uses the Amanda Murphy Every Angle ruler and the Every Curve ruler.
Please note: You need to know if your machine is high shank or low shank. Berninas are high shank. Bernettes are low shank. I stock rulers for high shank machines. Please let me know if you need a low shank ruler so I can order for you.
Quilt an 18 in x 18 in wholecloth block using Amanda Murphy's Good Measure Every Angle and Every Curve quilting rulers! The second in a series, this piece can be finished as a pillow or table topper, or it can be combined with others in the series using an assortment of her rulers to make a larger, "quilt-as-you-go" piece. It is the perfect project to perfect your rulerwork skills.
Other supplies needed:
- Amanda Murphy's Wholecloth Quilting Ideas Block 2 Pattern
- 22" white or light colored sold fabric, cut in half in the middle (slightly bigger than a fat quarter) We have some cut for you if you want to pick up ahead of time or use your own.
- 50 wt Aurifil thread to match your fabric. You want your thread to match your fabric
- Quilting Gloves
- 505 Spray
- Blue marking pens that disappears with water
- Topstitch needles 80 or 90.
- Scissors for cutting thread
- Ruler Work foot (for BERNINA owners, foot #72, 72S or #96)
- Sewing Machine
With your blue marking pen, mark your top fabric following the pattern, Steps 1 through Step 4We highly recommend an acrylic table for your machine so you have a larger quilting surface. We will give you a discount of 10% if you purchase for the class.
When you sign up for this class, you can get your rulers used in class for 10% off.
If you would like to use our Bernina 770 QE Plus or our Bernina Q16 sit down machine, you can rent additionally for $25.